Walking that brings me back to childhood-Pasar Malam Version^^

While Mei and I were walking to canterbury hall after buying presents, we suddenly talked about our stories when we were with our mums.
........
"Mae, my mum very pamper me." I said with my heart truly agreed with my statement.
"My mum is super pamper me!" She reply without hesitation.
 
This made me remember back how I boasted myself in front of Chai Qin last time.
"Why do we need to buy present for our mums during Mother's day?" I asked.
"......" When Chai Qin tried to respond,
"She should be the one who is buying me present. Without me, she can't be Mother and receives present" I said.
Hahahahhaha, we laughed though we were not agree nor convince by this sampat logic.

Yes, today Mae and I were talking about how our mum have been so devil to make us miss them by pampering us with food. I missed the time when I was about 6 to 10years old,My mum brought me to Pasar Malam almost every Thursday. The little Veronica is always hoping for this day because it meant my mum would have no OT on that day. We bought a lot of food although we would have our dinner in ah ma's house later on. Actually, Little Veronica didn't understand why we still need to eat after the dinner and only chips,cakes and carbonated drinks were considered as junk food by her. Now,I know. The "ngiam" for good food in me is actually taught by mum. About 1 hour after our dinner, we opened what we bought and ate it while watching movie with only the lights from TV. After eating, I will lie on my mum's lap to watch the movie. Sometimes I willl hug her when I watched the horror movies. Sometimes my mum will laugh at me, saying " are you crying?haha" when I cried untill her lap was wet but I could see that she was having watery eyes too.This happened when come to touching parts of the story. Then my grandma will complain that it is very unhealthy to eat junk after dinner and it is a waste of money. Haha, my mum was just like me, replied:"once in a while la" to my grandma. Their conversation links back to the way me and mum are having.

I miss the time when I was still holding her hands to everywhere I went. She wouldn't let go of her hands. However, at that time, I wanted freedom. I wanted to go to the department that I liked. She yelled at me and saying bad guys will carry me away to sell at other places. I remembered how I argued back, it was so immature.

Never let me go, I won't go missing when she holds me
I miss the time I argued and cried as I wanted to buy the toys that I liked. I was aiming one toy for a long time. As you know, the tauke of the toys' stall like to display the electronically moving toys as to attract children. I was one of the children being attracted. Normally, "NO" was the answer as expected. One day.my mum promised me that she will buy. But deep in my heart, I wouldn't ask much because I know our financial was not good but I was satisfied for a glimpse of hope. I think this is how my mum trapped me to go Pasar Malam with her every week. Little Veronica will grow up so she forgot about this slowly.

I miss the scene when everytime we entered the Pasar Malam, an auntie, who is wearing spectacle and a cap,selling the lobak-kuih with her motor and she will surely praised my mum's daughter has a good fortune because of my the shape of my ear lobes. If not, she will praise me for having very fair skin. "no la no la, I hope so,she has a good life in the future" ,my mum answered. Haha, then my mum was being trapped again, she bought her lobak-kuih. Indeed, the lobak-kuih is the nicest ever. I knew it would take me to the feeling of childhood if I had a chance to taste it again.

I miss the shock when my mum bought me a bracelet in Pasar Malam. It is actually a bracelet that majority of the children were wearing it last time. It is black in colour and with the Chinese words "chu lu ping an". I would like to have one but i didn't expect my mum to buy for me so it was actually a silent surprise from my mum. Not more than one week, the bracelet was broken. I shifted the blame to my mum because it was broken when I was beaten by my mum.

I missed the time my mum chided me for wanted to buy fries from the stall. She gave me all kind of reasons such  unhealthy, not good, expensive and not nice so that I won't ask again. Little Veronica actually wanted to try it so much. Perhaps it is the reason why I don't eat french fries from the stall till now.

I miss the time when she was being proud in front of me because everywhere she went, she will surely met her friends and took some times chat with them. I was admiring her too for having such a big social network and I wondered if I can have it when I grow up. I miss the time when we passed the retail stall,she will frighten me by saying that she will buy the thick rotan to beat me if i'm not being obedient.

I miss the time when we carried big and small plastic bags and tried to put in everything into the small basket of the motorcyle. I miss the time when we took out our helmets out  from the motorcyle and my mum will fasten for me. I miss the time when I hugged her from her back, going back using the Yamaha motorcycle. Brooommm...brooooooom.....haha.

Let me hold you back!

Chai Qin, I know why do I need to buy a present to our mothers because it is our APPRECIATION for the precious and countless caring, brought up and loves from her towards us. I guess you will have more to describe than me, am I right?


P.S That's interesting to find something touching in crowded and busy Pasar Malam. As it has became a popular place that people in Malaysia go for, I'm sure you guys  have little stories of your walking in Pasar Malam too... Mind to share it? I'm waiting for yours. Maybe next time I will share Friendship in Pasar Malam.

Comments

Popular Posts