Life isn't easy ~ Poverty

Poverty, a state where the poor are being exploitated and discriminated. When there is food, they eat. When there is no food, they don't eat. The only food to eat is rice. The only savoury to eat with the rice is rice sauce. No curry, because they said that curry is belong to upper class people. They have no money. I mean they have no chance to have a single coin. They get rice from the landlord and the amount of rice grain they get is depending on how much is their grain yield per harvest season. They eat rat to get protein. They use their bare hands to make dung cakes.

Life is being indignified. Life is as if there is no light. Injustice and unfairness make people numb.

Now I understand the story. A man who before he died was being cleansed by a person followed by clothed with a new cloth. For him, it was the first time he felt that he is a MAN, a human.

Now I understand the story. The significance of a widow's offering. She donated all from her poverty and put in everything she had. When life is less than 1 pound a day without any extra support, they are willing to share their food with others, at least opening a new pack of biscuit to the visitor for free. This biscuit may be their meal for many days.

Now I understand their lives. Now I know I was being too proud as I complaint about my boring life recently. This is just because I have no worry for life.

I was looking at the news about natural disaster with others. Calculating the number of lives and the money on those building, technology and construction which were grabbed away by the seawater that cannot be underestimated and earthquake at one time made my mind go blank. Only when I shifted my mind to them, the element that is more important in my life being discovered.

How many I have given to others? Am I more to rejecting others when they need my help or accepting with open mind?

In this season,about 35 days now, not only with prayers and fasting, almsgiving should be included as one of the thing to be practised in my everyday life.

Comments

Popular Posts