Just wanna drop down it

I was on top of one of the towers in Sangrada Familia. We enjoyed viewing the view of city of beautiful Barcelona with the blue blue sky that I like very much... The scenery is awesome but we were chilled by the wind.
After that, instead of using lift to go down, I used staircase. I thought that there might be tourists going down by staircase.
"Veron, here is the lift."said Kay Rin.
"Nevermind, I use staircase" I replied. I thought it would be faster to use staircase as that place was full of people and I did not want to line up or compete with others for the lift facility. "65 metres only, should be quite fast to reach ground floor",I thought.
So, I started going down the spiral staircase.
Initially, it was bright due to the sunlight but after that it became darker as I went down because the sunlight was shielded by surrounding building and there was no window along the way. I was also hoping to see some people who were also using staircase in front of me but I saw none of them there...
Since I was still not very far from the top, I thought of returning back but I will make people wait for me as it would waste some times to climb up and take the lift.
Dark, no one, narrow and spiral staircase, I sticked myself to the wall while going down. Feeling scared, at the same time, controlling my mind to feel scared. I tried to look for lift but I only saw the lift passing through me from the window but no exit to take the lift.
Talking to myself, demanding myself to calm down and continued my journey;scolding myself for being scared, thinking whether I would be stucked in the staircase and met with bad people or devil.
I saw the colourful light! I saw the light from the interior of the Church shining on the pillar. I saw the spacious hall of the church. I knew I was reaching but I still couldn't see the exit.
Increasing my speed, I saw iron gate but the staircase still going down and look very dark down. I really scared to go down but I told myself that I have no choice to change neither decision nor direction.
"Eh, Kay Rin?" I saw her suddenly when I planned to went down more.
Oh, I was on ground floor already!! Unfortunately, the gate between the outside Kay Rin and me seemed to have been locked. Kay Rin told me that I can't use that gate to go out.
"Don't tell me that I have to climb up again to take the lift because there was no gate opening for me to exit  from the tower!" First thought.
"Should I climb up again?"second thought.
"Try to push the gate first" third thought.
Pushhhhhhhhhhhh.................yiekkkk.....only normal amount of energy is required to push the gate open! Hoooray!! Luckily, the gate could be opened and Kay Rin was surprised to see that because she saw the horizontal line with the red circle in front of the gate.
Huhu...almost cried out when I went near to her as I really being frightened a bit because I don't want to climb up again due to the time factor. Trust me, my legs was "luan" (soften) when I finished this unexpected, unpredictable and dim journey.

I wrote out this story as to remind myself the lesson that I get from this incident.
The stages that I experienced:
First, I made a decision without realizing that I really need to think first before I made it.
Second, I thought it is easy for me to go down as I belittled the height of the tower.
Third, the thought of giving up and the thought of unwilling to stop the journey were competing with each other but the faith kept me walking down.

After all, I'm really good in asking troubles to myself and it wouldn't be solved if I were to depend on myself. Besides that, This is the first time I felt scarry for being alone. If I see Gaudi, don't blame me for unable to control myself to knock his head for designing this!! 

Lessons:
I should think, filter and confirm before I do anythings.
Justification is needed in every step I take.
When there is no choice, persistence is the only word.
If I can't get out from the gate mentioned, I would have to climb up and I will do it after telling my friends to wait for me, crying will be the things that I left it to my inner self.

I didn't pray much in the Church. Somehow, I prayed more when I was walking down the staircase. So the faith is there and the faith alone will be the solution.

 
Try to walk alone!!( I'm bodoh sombong now!)
Gonna drag him out and knock him for bullying me...(perhaps I should ask him to let me stay in his house?)

Thank God for this miracle.

Comments

Popular Posts