Preparing Liquid Medicine^^

Yeah, finally I could "touch" the medicines already!! First semester was about learning the basics and we have learned some of them before. Although first sem did help me to improve my sciences but I turned out to be a better movie-watcher and chaser, a professional Skyper, a trained-gossiper and so on. Good, I learned so many things which are out of the textbook.  Haha, first sem was enjoyable and I hope second sem is fun too. However, the thickness of the files of this second sem brings my imagination to halt. Many materials, assessments, courseworks, practicals and so on to be completed by this sem. When I saw my time-table, I said "thank you" loudly in my heart for giving chance to be sleeping beauty! My first week of 2nd sem was super busy and I didn't really prepared for it mentally.

No, no, no , no......It was busy but it wasn't boring. I felt satisfied with my first week of this sem. One of the most important events to note on is I finally can make liquid medicine on my own! Though this was not my first time, this was different as we needed to taste it ourselves! (previously, I made it for patients.)

Paracetamol Elixir for Children, Magnesium trisilicate and Simple Linctus are our the MENU of chemistry lab of LSOP today! Making medicines is just like cooking. You need to use ur mind, ur heart to feel it~~ Nonsense! It is similar to cooking, you need to look at the formula(recipe in common) and add the ingredients following the method.Must take extra care and be extra clean because I'm going to taste it.

Okay, okay, came to the tasting part. Actually, we just need to taste simple linctus which is a cough syrup but by mistakes, i tasted the paracetamol as well. Wahh....I bodoh-bodoh tasted it and I forgot there is 95% of alcohol inside and then when I continued my second cooking, I was wondering why my hand trembling,am I too hungry? No arr! I felt my head became heavier but I just left it and continued my another 2 experiment. It was only after a friend beside me mentioning about it, then only I knew that I drank 95% of alcohol....and I could feel the warmth feeling in my stomach.....Gosh, I mabuk liao~~

Hahaha, as I was rushing to complete the practical because I hope to go back earlier, I did mistakes here and there. However, I learned a lot and I was being inspired by the knowledge to prepare a drinkable, eatable and effective medicine. Hehe^^

Comments

Popular Posts