First Chinese New Year Eve without ME

Ah Gong, Papa, Mummy and Ah Yek, you all are going to celebrate Chinese New Year Eve without me for the first time!!! There will be no ME with you all in the big big reunion dinner table. Can you eat the delicious roasted duck(lo3 ar4 in Teo Chew) by letting me alone here swallowing the Chemistry notes??!!

Last time, when I was young, I thought and talked to myself:" luckily, I'm a Chinese because I can celebrate New Year for 2 times. One is the first day of western calender and another one is the first day (chu yi) of Chinese Calender."

This year no gotong-royong, no new clothes and shoes, no reunion dinner, no pai nian(home-visiting), no nian gao(new year cookies, sweet and sour, carbonated drinks, rou gan-dried meat) and no ang pao~~~ This reminds me of how hang fok I am all the while for 20 years!

How hilarious it was when I heard from my mum that my ah gong asked me to fly back to Malaysia to eat the reunion a while and then fly back to UK again to continue my study..... This made me touched as I know Ah Gong miss me le!! I still remember ah Gong will give angpao everytime after the reunion dinner and treat me SHANDY!!! We used to share one Shandy when I was young. jik4 nang2 jik4 pua3, gan4 qing2 buo3 shua3 (one person sharing half, the relationship won't break)...

Ah Gong will tok(cut in Teo Chew) rosted duck and steamed chicken everytime at the same place, putting it on the same plate. We as cucu-cicit especially me(never miss a chance) will gather around him to see how he tok the meat. "One day I must know how to tok!" so that I can show off to Ah Gong back. At the same time, I already aimed the biggest piece and asked for it immediately after he tok. The picture above was the roasted duck thigh that ah Gong purposely left it for me last year. There is another slightly bigger size chicken thigh which was exclusively for me too and it was aimed by many people.

Some of them started to eat and my Ah Gong will go to bath at this time because he sweat a lot after cooking so many dishes. See, where is my ah Gong?..

Tea!!! Best served with oily mouth!!

Even though this year CNY I'm not with my family, I still have friends here and I have given a resolution to myself to complete it this year. So, wish me xin xiang shi cheng, xue ye jing bu..



Ah Gong, don't miss me, okay??!! At least, don't drop your tears when you tok meat!! As usual, drink more water and eat healthier. 

By one whom you have inspired.

P.S: Though I haven't finish my reading, I still want to write to "quench" my miss.

Comments

Popular Posts