Good Friday

My Good Friday this year began with dilemma. I was fighting within myself whether I should fast for food for the whole day to accompany Jesus who was in passion. A lot bible phrases, impressed sayings as well as a lot of my own thought popped out in my mind and they were talking to each other in my mind. I needed to make a decision and disciplined myself after that but I wasn't dare show power towards my stomach. At last, dilemma continued.

UK has a lot of churches with different denominations. Despite different churches we belong to, Good Friday is a very important day for all Christians as Jesus has shown His agape towards us through his passion. Without this day, there is none of us can be set free from our deadly sins. My friend and I decided to join the Ecumenical Service which started from Goodenough College(we just knew this college is actually situated within walking distance from London School of Pharmacy) and ended at St Pancras New Church. A person would carry the wooden cross in front of us and we walked from church to church. In each station, we stopped and recalled the journey of the passion of the cross and after that, prayed for God's mercy. Actually this simple walk was quite a challenge to me,perhaps my friend too as we passed through a lot of shops selling food such as Burger King, Mc D and so on. I felt a rush to go in one of the shops and grabbed my b'fast there.

We ate hot cross buns at the final stop. Ya, we broke our fast. Actually no, we changed our fasting plan. From no food at all to one main meal only.Haha, so after that we rushed to our hall for the brunch and ate as heavy as we could.

Oh, to share with you all, cross bun is actually an ancient english bun to be eaten during Good Friday. Cross simply means the Holy Cross which has redeemed the world and fruits inside the bun mean the fruits of His redemption. The bun is really nice,especially with thick butter on it.




After that, I attended a mass for the celebration of Lord's passion. Actually I felt sleepy at that time and I was blaming why the mass was allocated at 3pm!!!! But I was touched when heard the priest said that after Jesus being hanged on the cross for 3 hours, he commended his spirit to God the father. Wow, such a significant time. God asked Abraham to sacrifice his son and God sent his only Son for us. From priest's homily today, I understand better the relationship between old and new testament.

There is a sentence during the Station of Cross at St. Aloysius Church moved me a lot. "Nail my heart together with your feet so that I may love you always"

God, I realise how weak I am even when facing a little thing. Imagining how many times I have turn my face away from you, setting a barrier between you and me and yet again and again, you know I need you. God, please help me to love you always as I kiss you feet. 

Comments

Popular Posts