Poland for 2

I always wanted to go Poland! Ha! I was attracted by the literature over there, inspired by the book Kane and Abel (I don't read much actually). Secondly, because it is the hometown of Blessed John Paul II, yes, he is from Poland. He is someone I respect the most, because someone like him so geng, up high in term of status, yet what he said can be so close to my daily life, my mind and my heart, so he must be someone super special. The more I do research, ei, there was another place I wished to go, Auchwitz-Birkeneu Concentration Camp which is the largest one in the world. 

Here comes the chance, my summer holiday! Really, having another mental preparation for solo travelling is difficult, fortunately my super duper good Swee San volunteers herself to serve me a company. Err, unexpected though, was she sure that she wanted to follow me to go to churches without falling asleep?

Lagiewniki, Krakow. Heard about divine mercy of Christ? Remember the portrait with Jesus standing and one of his hand is pointing his heart with ray of red and white light coming out from? Yes, we were in Sanctuary of Divine Mercy, resting place of St Faustina Kowalska, and we are standing in front of the basilica. KA CA!
(I never knew it is in Poland due to lack of itinerary done, so it is an unexpected lovely gift from God)

              
In front of a window called Pope Window. Okay, share a little warm story with you guys. During the first visit of pope to Krakow, he was staying in the room where the window is situated. There were many youth wanted to see pope so at night, they gathered in front of the window, shouted:" Pope, come out, we want to see you." (Loud and noisy). Then Pope look out from the window and said:" why you people shouting?! Don't you know that pope is a man, he needs to sleep also?" Then after that, from the window, pope had pillow talk with them for that night.  See, he is just a family guy who portrays God can be just like my father. (There were pilgrims singing song over there and I wished to join them.)

            
In front of one of the statues of Pope John Paul II. No doubt, he is very respected by Polish. I will tell you one of his great work in Poland in the next picture. 



Familiar with Pope's famous saying "Be not afraid"? Hereby he said this during his speech in this square, when Poland is a communist country. He said in a way that the military wouldn't think he was trying to influence the people to against the government, but the people there understood what he said that they have to arise for the change! And he succeeded, Poland becomes free from communism. Freedom is seek with true wisdom.

There were still other meaningful places that made me learnt a lot. However, this post is mainly to express my desire to visit Poland(initially pilgrimage) that has been made different with the companion of my lovely roommate. She is neither a catholic, nor christian, her tolerance and patience are deeply appreciated. She said I did not visit the whole Poland, not covering all the places that I wanted to go, so I will go there for second time for sure. Ermm, perhaps not that possible, as I am contented with this journey, a precious one with her.



Comments

Popular Posts