For the last two months

I think it has been a while since I last mentioned Newman House in my blog. Time flies as fast as I blink my eyes, I have only 2 months left in Newman House. Not a good news though, I'll be extremely busy in this 2 months (thanks to my SOP,UCL). So far, life's very interesting and I gained more than what I have imagined, of course, most important of all, is the friendship with fellow hallmates and also God.

I would like to quote from Chris, "Catholic people are ridiculous", he often said this without realising that he can be super ridiculous as well. So what about other hallmates, in my humble opinion, the world craziest catholic population definitely has Newman House on the list. Yea, I like the way we worshipped in the chapel, the way we got busy behind the scene of many events, the way we danced in the bar, the way we ate together and praised/complained our meal in the dining hall and etc. There are just so many memories in every little corner of the house. I like the way we plotted in corridors and staircases after busy for the whole day. Nevertheless, a form of addiction which makes me wondering how strong the withdrawal effects will be is HUG. I am addicted to HUGSS. We hugged when we meet (a form of western greeting?), we hug when we have no reason but just mumbling nothing, we hugged especially when we want to play with someone who doesn't hug and etc. Sometimes large doses were administered when we gave a big big hug by bumping to each other from afar or hip-bumping! Something which I really want to note down is, I feel really touched when Dominic accompanied me to study for my exam until 4 am for few days, memorised the same materials with me but I just could not stop myself bullying him. Whenever I remember he acted out as in in the stage all the side effects of the drug,I just could not help myself laughing. I always feel like we are sister and brother though he might be smarter than me, but I could be creepier than him.We are just cute!!! And what's more, we have the same friend who will visit us regularly and that same friend makes us "smile cry no got".  We discussed our problems but yet we hide things from each other to prevent so called "emotional attached"?  Not forgetting my favourite teacher, Dion whom I always go to if I have problems and secret sharing. She is just someone who is wise with a youthful spirit. She likes her job as a bar manager very much, and I am so proud of her (this sentence is a bit redundant, who cares?! haha)!

FAITH, I would say the journey to be more mature is very difficult, just like when the pupa turning into butterfly. It is up and down for me because I am a bit distracted. However, something you will learn and must believe in is, the power of PRAYER. Mass, divine offices, rosary, divine mercy chaplet and personal prayers are there everyday. If you are slightly more sensitive, you know you are part of the prayers, those prayers are for you as well, so we are all united in these prayers. When we pray, we have HOPE. The journey of faith is never too easy, but it is meaningful, it is something mysterious yet so loving. In conjunction, talks, catechism and group sharing will just make you learning. I wouldn't say that I've learned a lot but I try to because it is just so much to know about God and Church. I always noticed that the richness in the Tradition  and the Church, but wah, even more than I can think of. The 2014 years of history is just not something to kid about, there involves lot of wisdom and truth for salvation. Experience of life with faith is just so wonderful.The serious side of the crazy catholic here is when we discuss about abortion, contraception, women priests, purgatory and so on. We are made differently, we think differently but yet through discussion and debate, we learn and we appreciate more the knowledge of the Church.  Media! Good media is something very necessary in the society. As a Christian, the act of love through charity once again raise our awareness towards child-slavery, trafficking and many other issues in the world. Oh yea, there are just so many talents to be explore when they performed for fundraising.

There is a lot more I can write about my life but I have to prepare for my next station of my life.....2 months more, I wish I can appreciate this short time. Thanks God for all the blessings that he has bestowed on me and I wish that I can share this blessing with all of you as well.  

Comments

Popular Posts