Bank Holiday

Something weird about UK, public holiday is called BANK HOLIDAY! 
They have a culture here, which is asking people if they have planned for their holiday especially during Friday and sometimes Thursday.
"Veronica, have you planned for your weekend?"
"Haha, still not so sure with what to do." (Pls don't use the word 'plan', i will treat this word as something very serious and subsequently I will crack my head to give an answer.) Haiz, as St Paul says :" Being a Roman when you are in Rome." I am just getting used to it as time goes by.

I planned a lot for my long weekend but I did nothing at the end! Lol. Kinda regret but won't let this continue to happen. Erm, I try to promise.

However, I did get something precious out of my care free bank holiday. 
Good Friday - Slept for most of the time to recover my energy level + fasting a bit + Passion of the Cross + Station of the Cross. 
Easter Vigil -  Attended 3 hours of mass but it was very fantastic + followed Easter Party~
Easter Sunday - Lunch my friend + Dessert time with her as well + Hillsong Church Service + Easter Party again.


Having to share little bit of the conversation between my mum and I, I told my mum that what I have done in this Easter once again, told me that Catholic Church is my home wherever I wander around. The root of the joy in Easter is so perfect and is further stabilised through out the Eucharistic celebration, that we will die as Jesus died, and live as He lives. This is the true meaning of Easter! Another thing that came to mind, God is the friend of silence. I seriously like the solemnity and peaceful and mystical celebration of the mass. It is just BRILLIANT! However, as a Catholic, we have to be open to any ideology of other religion, especially protestants. I think Jesus lives in everyone and speaks through our brothers. 

Again, we proclaim the death, and profess his resurrection until He comes again. This is our faith. :)

Comments

Popular Posts