Post- Dissertation- End of Summer 2013

After 7 months, my dissertation came to an end, left only a presentation to go. And this is how I mark the end of my summer in year 2013. Sometimes when I reflected on it, I was thinking that whether I have had spending my 4 months struggling with it, without any truly relaxation like those who were doing their project in the school. However, thanks God surprisingly, for my lovely summer though I didn't actually do much of thing. I suppose, quality is more important than quantity. Though I have to say that I actually could do more if I wanted to, but laziness and boredom hit it, I ended up writing my dissertation in a very slow pace and with lots of grammatical errors. But human don't stopped and spent lots of times pondering on guilt and mistakes, so I decided to move on. I am being positive in whatever I did. So these 4 months, I have spent my most precious time with 2 weeks PILGRIMAGE in Italy, I spent time with my seniors who went back a year earlier than me, I watched my movies and dramas and I enjoyed everything I had.

Pilgrimage- It was lovely and basically, it was like a family gathering. The main aim of the gathering is to discover that we are missionaries, to be the light of the world and the salt of the earth. It reminded me of my brothers and sisters who are less fortunate than me in the world. It motivated me, God needs me to do something for him. God hears their prayers, so He calls me. In the same way, he must have heard my prayers. A career is a process, but it is not my destiny. Something has opened up my perception on how I view my future.

I have made a decision finally!!! I got an interview from GOSH and I succeeded! I have achieved the small little aim of mine. I made the move to reject it and I am proud of it. I am going back to Malaysia, serve for the people born on the same earth as mine, it is going to be a different stage of life to be. I know that it might be better if I can stay here for one more year, but I don't want to give any assumption because I can search my meaning of life in Malaysia too. So no complaining, no sighing, as there is no place in the earth is forever belong to me and there is no such word as should be in this case.

Next and the biggest happy thing that I have decided was staying in NEWMAN HOUSE for my final year. The chaplain is just like me, new, and he is Fr. Stephen Wang. Okay, updates from Newman House:- I can reach the chapel in less than 1 minutes, so automatically I can join the morning, evening, rosary and night prayers. "What a wonderful place"! Lol. And also, I begin to love the community life there, excitement!! After all, I know that in my busy life, I always have a small part dedicated to God out of the noisy and happening metropolitan life in London. I hope that each and every small part of the house can move more people to join us, and spread out His love.

My seniors are amazing! Not to po them, they have taught me a lot and I appreciate their kindness. You may think that friendship is something light, but it is important to me. No matter how may portion of your heart is belong to me, but I know my heart is big enough to love all of you. If God has chosen to put me together with them, I believe it was a gift and I thank Him for this. Sometimes frustration did came in, but after all, it meant nothing as I wanted to keep the good parts of it.

As for the dynamic friendship that I had, it is very likely that I will feel lonely somewhere. But, good news, we have a GUARDIAN ANGEL!!!!! I won't be lonely, I will still be a HAPPY VERONICA.

Stop judging myself, move on! Good day,everyone.


Comments

Popular Posts