The dark KNIGHTS rise

5.5.13
An important day to remember. It was supposed to be the first election of my eligible years. There was a hope that fellow Malaysians sharing, to change our government, to clean the corrupted one and to regain the justice and human right back. We had once being able to imagine so much goodness if we were able to change the government. A better economy, a more advanced education, a better distributed wealth across the nation and also a safer and harmony place to live in.

I appreciate a lot 5.5.13. It makes me realise the patriotic of Malaysians are so real. Undeniable that in our daily lives, there were prejudices towards other races. However, throughout the years, we have learned to live under the same roof. Basically, we are transformed. From Chinese, Malay, Indian and lain-lain, we are transformed to be the same nation, Malaysian. We eat the same food, such as Nasi Lemak, Hainan Chicken Rice with most authentic among authentic recipe, Roti Canai, Rendang, Curry and etc, at the same time ordering Teh Tarik, Kopi O, Teh O Ice Limau and etc. For beef and pork, we learn to respect each other although our eyes are 'scrutinising' people of those not keeping their religious practices. We called people babi(pig) but at the same time, we said pigs cute and bought the pig soft toys. Also, some couples even call pig as nickname to show their mutual affection. We said Indian like to pusing-pusing, but our eyes always bulged out for how soft and beautiful their traditional dancing is. In short, we are living in a culture that mildy insulting each other as to show our loves and attention. Sometimes, angers rose up among races, but we would say 'haiya, actually not all XXX are the same' or 'XXX will not help you, YYY is better if you meet an accident". Really, if I have to find a reason for why Malaysia's weather is so warm and humid other than because of its geographical location, I will say that it is there to melt the coldness between races and to remind that under the same sun, we stand.


Last time, we tend to say that if Malaysia is lead by XXX, we will be a much wealthier country. Sadly speaking, I don't want that to happen because Malaysia won't be as nice place to live in as now. I learn values from other races. I learn to respect the elders better with Malay. I learn to love animals from Indians. I know how to look at people's hearts despite of differences in colour. And at least, I can speak 3 languages!! We have a similar main culture.

And now, after yesterday, with confusion of rumours and truth, I appreciate 5.5.13 more. I was staying in front of the screen for the whole day and was really exhausted after that. Because it was sunday, I paid my sunday duty as a Christian by going to the mass in the church. After that, I was in a prayer group. As the scripture went like this, " if you love me, you will keep my word.....this is my gift to you.....peace........advocate..." At some instance, peace has been a naive idea to think about. It seemed like a very shallow idea that could not touch the dept of my heart. In another instance, I was pondering what "keep my word" means. I was lost in the sea of my own thoughts, during this meditation. Some people repeated it by saying "if you love me, you will keep my word." and another one repeated it again. IF YOU LOVE ME. The promise of the goodness on this earth is never the same as what Jesus was trying to tell me. The peace that is hardly seek though the world is at the most harmony. The peace in which a response is needed. IF YOU LOVE ME. The word is never naive if you don't just focus on the earthy goodness that people claim about. It means more than that. Suddenly, I know the my continuity in hoping for a better Malaysia is correct, it should not stop, it will continue to burn once ignited.

I would never had realised that I love Malaysia so much if 5.5.13 never comes. I would never know my responsibility towards my country. I would never appreciate the belonging and had that sense back to me. What's more there are many brothers and sisters actually loving Malaysia more than I do. This is a battle of justice, a batter of civilisation. We ask for international concern but never asking people to invade and help us. We won't offer our homeland to others' hands. So please don't say "save our country, Mr President Obama. Don't say "ask the british back to Malaysia". Don't say "I want to migrate." If you give up now, who's there to defend our country? The situation must not be worst more. If it can't be restored through physical general election, it should be restored through election of civilisation over badly-informed mental set.

After wounded by the result yesterday, are you really to take up  your courageous, to light up another hope again? If not, start by wearing yellow today.



Comments

Popular Posts