WORLD YOUTH DAY-I thought I went there for HIM but in fact, He has invited me as he wanted to show how much blessings and loves He could give me!



Palacio del Madrid. Taken by Deacon Eloy. I was thankful to have 3 people as my companions and tour guide but they weren't in this photo. 

Warm meal by this family. I thought I was going to use the coupon to redeem my lunch but they brought me to their house and have a lunch there. The lunch was really good, better than those in the restausrante. They introduced me their typical food and we had an enjoyable chat. Oh, their father, Mr. Huan who is not in this photo was so cute with his special and creative sign language( we laughed after the special sign language)  and his heart to serve the church was impressive.

A quiet priest that always smiled at me. Smile is the best expression of hello, welcome and wishes when we speak different languages.

Father Paul( wearing hat) introduced me to another priest(blue) who would in charge in altar service during papal mass. I bet he was so happy to be in charge in that service as every other priests was hoping for that in their lives too.

This meeting was solely depending on fate! Paul went to the English catechis  for 2 days while I was going to the Spanish version. I decided to attend the Chinese catechis as I was so desperate to hold Malaysian flag after being cheated by the U.S flags for many times and wanted to know what would the topic about in chinese catechis. However, we didn't make a date but it was so coincident that both of us suddenly meet at chinese catechis which initially wan not in our plan. Out of 1.5 millions of people, we met!

The journey of pilgrimage wasn't easy. I was reminded to always have reflection on the journey and compare it with our lives. It was a lesson walk with all the people. Under the hot sun, long walk, everything has been accomplished with the presence of God. I strongly agree with the headline of the newspaper "WE COME HERE TO MEET JESUS"

I like this photo very much. We were waiting for the arrival of papal for the prayer vigil. Further description, we reached this place at about 1 pm. The temperature of that day was 45 degree celcius!!! and the scotching sun was so bright.We need to wait till 8 something for the prayer virgil. Bomberos( Firefighter) sprayed the water everywhere to avoid dehydration of the pilgrims.

Each and everyone of them have special stories with me! They are my good friends in Madrid. They offered a lot of helps, companion, food and so on. Standing in the middle of the crowd, we captured down a piece of memory.

This guy was really funny. He has a very kind heart. When I asked him something, sometimes he thought that I was asking for his name, then he would say :" Jose Carlos" while knodding his head. He showed the respect to the guest.

Alejhandra and I. This photo was actually requested by her little sister who wanted to see me very much. Really?! So sad, the time I spent in Madrid was too short and if there was opportunity, I would meet with her little sister.


Smart girl, Alba. She was the one who showed me the way to listen live clearer, using HANDPHONE FM! She was quiet but I can see her pious heart for Jesus.

Like to see her. She would smile at me when I looked at her. I only managed to talk to her for a few times as I was really lazy to move my buttock from one place to another. Look, she has a beautiful dimple!

Sudden calling. It was a sudden invitation by Fr. Paul to read the reading in English! He asked for my english magnificat from me and asked me to do the reading afterwards. I have prepared this when I was in London but those preparations were for in case they need me during daily mass in newman house. However, I didn't expect that my first reading in English would be in such a situation which is big event involved people from different continents, especially U.S. He gave me a blessing and said that do the reading as a prayer for him to God.

Father Paul's sister(beside me)and also Naco's family. Fr. Paul shared with me how his sister showed her faith in her life. I was impressed by the holiness in her from God. Special child is only for special parents. God is fair and His gifts is just too much for us to receive. With her children, we finished 3 volumes of big National Geographic books. I was living in this house for 1 night and the hospitability is better than any other hotels.

Final gathering after JMJ2011. We purposely came for this meet up as I would be separated from them the morning after the day. Best of wish to all of you.


My best friend in Madrid! She treated unbelievably well because I was just simple person that she just knew. I won't forget the greetings and the hugs that we have had together all my life. Thanks, Natalia.

A kind father. A kind friend.
He was very caring towards youth and he was the one who introduced me to the Mostoles group and to the good friends. He shared with me many things and after all, I was touched by what he has said, which is " God loves me so much!". Very simple, but I was into his experience of this great LOVE. I know that this father wants the youth especially those from his parish to be nearer to God so much just like how Jesus be with him and Jesus' desire to be with all of us. 
I was shocked when I saw the caption of this photo after I was tagged, 
"Con Verónica, de Malasia. Nos hicimos grandes amigos"

Never ever stop to be participated in God through his Church. I am grateful to be part of this family. My pilgrimage was blessed by God with all the saints that I met. God wants me to know that he loves me by bringing so many people that care and love me. Amazing, beautiful.

Comments